I’m pretty sure that Fat Bombs were named by a male because the name does not sound nearly as appealing as the treat itself is. I think if I invented the fat bomb, I’d probably name it “PMS Lifesaver” or “Chocolaty Drops of Heaven” or “There’s No Way I can Eat these and Lose Weight Candies”.
These delicious treats keep me full for hours with providing me with my coconut oil needs for the day. They also help get my fat intake up, which is essential to the keto diet. If you have concerns about me eating too much fat and my body absorbing all the fat, don’t worry. Remember, on Keto, my body runs on fat, not glucose. In fact, studies, like this one completed last month in the UK, have shown that even saturated fats aren’t bad for you. Remember, fat doesn’t just go straight from our mouth to our stomach to our hips and gut. It’s broken down and used by the body, just like other nutrients. If there is excess, then yes, the body will store it. However, your body won’t store the fat if it is used as energy.
Ok… Enough already!
This is the recipe for English Toffee Fat Bombs.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbs Davinci Gourmet Sugar Free English Toffee Syrup
- Put all of your ingredients in a pot on the stovetop on a medium/low heat.
- Stir until everything melts together and is smooth.
- Pour them into a mold of some kind. I used a mini muffin pan, but I hear some people use silicone pans. Pop those suckers in the freezer for a few hours.
- After a few hours, they’ll be good to go. Pop them out and try not to eat them all! They store well in the freezer.