I wish I would have realized this years ago.
Hot Chocolate can be Keto, too!
I drink this every day before going into work. It is pretty high fiber, packed with good fats, and reasonably low on the calories. It’s also only one net carb.
And there are only four ingredients.
- hot water in a regular sized mug, filled 3/4 the way full
- 1 Tbs of cocoa powder (only 10 calories!)
- 2 Tbs of heavy cream
- 3 drops of liquid stevia. (You can add more if you don’t think it’s sweet enough.)
Mix together, and you’ve got a high fat, low carb warm snack. This is super easy to throw together in a rush.
Tips: Make sure your water is hot for two reasons.
- The baking cocoa powder doesn’t mix very easily if the water is cold or room temperature.
- When you add the cold cream, it will bring down the temperature of your cocoa.
Use liquid stevia, not the packets. The packets contain some carbs that keep stevia in a powdered form rather than a liquid. Liquid stevia had 0 carbs!